Child & Family Therapist
• Masters degree in a behavioral health related field, Masters degree and one year full time behavioral health work
• Valid AZ driver’s license.
• Arizona fingerprint certified.
• 21 years or older
• Ability to be certified in CPR, First Aid, and CIT 1 & 2.
• One (1) year of direct clinical experience with youth in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
• Prior experience working with children and families.
• Experience working with children with complex emotional needs
• Knowledge of available community resources.
• Understanding of the DBHS Child and Family Team, Behavioral Health Service Plan, and Strengths, Needs, and
Cultural Discovery Processes.
The primary function of this position is to provide therapeutic services to children and families. The CFS Therapist also
facilitates Child and Family Teams and manages a caseload size consistent with the acuity of the assigned cases. The
CFS Therapist will assist consumers and their families in obtaining needed services. This position is responsible for
working directly with children and their family members, community agencies and other resources to plan and to
implement the Behavioral Health Service Plan (BHSP). The CFS Therapist conducts a variety of clinical activities with
and on behalf of children and families, including but not limited to: Individual and Group Psychotherapy, Assessment,
Diagnosis and treatment planning, case consultation, coordination of care and referral, Case Management and
resource procurement, crisis intervention and safety planning, Family Support and Psycho-educational Services,
Personal Care and Life Skills to children/families. Services may be provided in the office, in the home or in the schools.
The CFS Therapist will be expected to meet and sustain productivity standards established for this position within 90
days of hire. Productivity is defined as 60% billable hours based on the number of paid hours per year.
|Contact Human Resources and e-mail your
resume and application to: HR@tgcaz.org
- For Clinical positions you must be at least 21 years old.
- For Non-Clinical positions you must be at least 18 years old.
A completed application is required for all positions. Once your application is processed in our
Flagstaff office it will then be forwarded to the hiring supervisor. The Hiring Supervisor will get in touch with
you if your application/resume matches the needs of the position.
If you have additional questions regarding employment, please feel free to call The Guidance Center at