Outpatient Substance Abuse Counselor (FT)
Provides outpatient individual, family, and group counseling, case management, and other supportive covered
services to eligible adult clients. Maintains client records and required paperwork. An acceptable level of
revenue and productivity (55%) and is expected to be maintained as measured by billable hours/service value.
Provides services according to The Guidance Center Clinical Accountability Standards and Level of Care
Guidelines. Duties Include Provides brief, solution-focused individual, group and family therapy to a diverse
caseload of adult clients. Evidenced by direct observation, treatment team meetings, and clinical record review.
Maintains client records in compliance with The Guidance Center, Inc., ADHS, NARBHA and JCAHO standards,
as evidenced by clinical record reviews, peer review, and annual quality profile data. Networks with community
agencies to provide services to eligible clients, as evidenced by clinical record reviews, direct observation, and
treatment team meetings. Utilizes Arizona Service Planning Guidelines to ensure appropriate length of time in
care, as evidenced by review of assigned caseload, clinical record review and treatment team meetings. The
employee must work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines. The employee
shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors. This is evidenced through
direct observation and interviews with co-workers and supervisors. General schedule is 11am – 9pm Monday
through Thursday but remains flexible to accommodate changes. Provides customer service to internal and
external customers and stakeholders, as evidenced by direct observation, complaint resolution, and interviews
with customers. Participates in the Quality Improvement Processes in the Clinic, as evidenced by direct
observation and annual quality profile data.
• Licensed with Board of Behavioral Health Examiners or Certified Addictions Counselor or Equivalent
• Experience in providing counseling to a broad range of clients
• Knowledge of DSM IV diagnosis and treatment skills
• Valid Arizona’s Driver’s License and ability to pass MVR Screening
• Ability to obtain Arizona State Fingerprint Clearance Card
• Experience providing crisis services to a broad range of clients.
• 1-3 years of experience in substance abuse or behavioral health setting
Required: Must be 21 years of age
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Ability to travel to other clinic sites if needed
• Ability to work as part of a team to coordinate client care
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Complex problem-solving skills.
• Technical skills with computer and able to demonstrate competency with Anasazi application for clinical
scheduling and biling
• Resource management skills.
• Adult Teaching skills
|Contact Human Resources and e-mail your
resume and application to: HR@tgcaz.org
- For Clinical positions you must be at least 21 years old.
- For Non-Clinical positions you must be at least 18 years old.
A completed application is required for all positions. Once your application is processed in our
Flagstaff office it will then be forwarded to the hiring supervisor. The Hiring Supervisor will get in touch with
you if your application/resume matches the needs of the position.
If you have additional questions regarding employment, please feel free to call The Guidance Center at
Employment Application (in word format)